Is there ever a time when a crush can become annoying? Can cute boys disappoint? I know that the answer is yes. Still, cute boy watching is a fun sport and should be treated with a level of respect and kindness. I don’t think that it is limited by age, type, or status. Cute boys exist and we, as women, sometimes require cute boy attention or at the very least should partake in the fascination of cute boyishness.
Similar to a man’s need to be coddled by buxom blondes, cute boys are an essential part of a woman’s life. Harmless flirtation and the occasional come-hither glance can help enhance a woman’s playfulness say, or renew her own self-interests. Boy attention somehow makes a woman feel good. That’s not to fly in the face of women’s liberation or anything. On the contrary. When did it become bad to receive a compliment or a whistle from a union worker? A little attention never hurt anybody. No one’s saying that a woman requires male attention to succeed. What I’m saying is that a friendly boyish glance is part of the fun of being a girl. Like buying lip gloss. And despite what women say, knowing that you are still attractive to the opposite sex is a reward in itself. Sorry, Gloria Steinham.
For example, look at this hunk. Although it is hard to believe, for sure after awhile even he–yes he–would get on your nerves. Trust me, ladies. [Photo by Google Images]
In truth, the beauty is the fantasy. The one in which every moment is scripted and he swears his undying love for you all while holding your purse as you try on a new outfit in the dressing room. He may, if you feel so inclined, write poetry to you all while holding your margarita on Cinco de Mayo. He speaks only sweet nothings into your ear as an ego boost and shuts up when you’re talking to your best friend on the phone. Ah, a boy-toy in a box wrapped up in a little bow. Sweet.
In reality though, cute boys often know that they are cute. They are generally not the brightest bulbs. They have lousy friends who can be of the “deadbeat” persuasion and can sometimes smell from B.O. (Cute boy stink aside of course) Sometimes, because they are intolerably adorable, they may wear the same clothes over and over and forget to brush their teeth. Sometimes they test the waters hoping that their sheer magnetism is enough for most people to overlook their foibles. They may even be cute-boy lazy or cute-boy crazy. Either way, cute boys can try to get away with more stuff than the average ugly loser.
Here are a few triggers that should send girls packing (no matter how cute the boy is):
- Mama’s Boys – No matter how cute the guy is, when compared with his love for his mom, you’ll always lose.
- Sports Freaks – Aside from the occasional Super Bowl event or World Series, cute boys that are easily distracted by watching a game cannot spend too much time on paying you compliments.
- Workaholics – Let’s face it, anytime away from his attention to you is not worth it. If work is his obsession, then how can you be?
- Single, White Freak Show – If your cute boy should be wearing a straightjacket and living in a padded cell, then odds are you shouldn’t be wasting your time with him.
- That’s not Eyeliner! – Black eyes are not the rage and aren’t a cute boy accessory. If liking a boy sends you to the hospital ward, then you should run–not walk–to the nearest exit.
- A Rose By Any Other Name – Cute boys should smell like teen spirit and Axe body spray. They shouldn’t assault you with body odor.
I’m sure I’ll think of more in another post. Until then, go ahead and wink at that cute guy behind the counter. No harm, no foul.